Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Mama's Margarita Cookie



The laundry is piled and staring at me to be put away.
The floor is begging to be mopped.
The poor babe is cutting the final edges of two molars.
No matter how much I try to keep up with cleaning and organizing, there are always five more projects waiting for me.
So I find myself at an impasse. Do I tackle the tasks, or do I sit down with a margarita (Margarita cookie, that is)?
The answer, my friends, is cookie. ALWAYS COOKIE.
My plan was to make these for Cinco de Mayo, but I could wait no longer.
Mama's Margarita Cookie
1/2 c. Butter
1 c. Sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Lime zest
Juice of that lime you just zested
Green sugar

Tequila glaze
1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
1 Tbs. Tequila of your choosing
1 1/2-2 Tbs Lime juice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Beat butter until light, add sugar and continue beating. Add egg and vanilla and lime juice. Once the mixture is thoroughly combined, begin adding the remaining dry ingredients slowly. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally, continue mixing until dough comes together.
Cut two sheets of waxed paper. Divide dough in half and roll into "logs" 2" in diameter. Refrigerate until firm (2-4 hours) or if you are impatient, like me and want your cookies sooner, freeze for 1 hour, or so.
Remove dough from your chosen vessel of chilling and roll the logs in the green sugar. Cut into 1/2 inch rounds. Place on parchment lined or silicone mat lined cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack, when completely cooled drizzle the glaze over the cookies.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love the way you decorated and took the shot! So cute!

    ReplyDelete